During the 2011 Downtown Flint, MI "Back To The Bricks" carshow, my Mom and I sat inside Witherbees Supermarket and enjoyed our 12oz glass bottle Coca-Colas we purchased at Witherbees.Upon leaving, the cashier informed us because the bottle return machine was broken, we were unable to reclaim our 10 cent per bottle state law deposit charge.

We then spoke to Witherbees manager who was out front grilling food to sell to the crowd. Mr Manager was totally unconcerned, and told us bring the bottles back another time. When we told Mr Manager we would not return to Witherbees Supermarket, he just shrugged, turned around, and went back to grilling the overpriced food. Witherbees Supermarket prides itself on personal service and community involvement, and is the first grocery store to open in Downtown Flint in at least 30 years.

These are the reasons we were prompted to visit Witherbees in the first place.Never again!

Had an Experience with Witherbees?

Comments

Wither bees is a disgrace to the community.Our city tax dollars should be spent more wisely on a business that appreciates the hard earned dollars of patrons.

Successful small business owners offer excellent service and hire people oriented managers.I won't be spending my hard earned dollars at wither bees.